Intro to Eventing at Southern Heritage Farm on Sunday, June 18th. These Simulated Starter Horse Trials consists of all three phases (dressage, show jumping, cross country) in an unrecognized/starter format with coaching throughout all 3 phases. The trials have opening and closing dates, just like the USEF/USEA Recognized Horse Trials.
Opening: May 1, 2023
Closing: June 3, 2023
Late Closing: June 10, 2023
Extended Late Closing Fee: $25
Starter: USDF 2023 Introductory Test B – small arena (20m x 40m) (Walk, Trot) 18” jumps
Introductory: USDF 2023 Introductory Test C – small arena (20m x 40m) (Walk, Trot, Canter) 18” jumps
Elementary: 2022 USEA Starter Test – small arena (20m x 40m) (Walk, Trot, and Canter) 2’ jumps
Beginner Novice: USEF 2022 BN Eventing Test B- small arena (20m x 40m) 2’3” jumps
*2023-2024 Dates Coming Soon*
$20 per round for entries received prior to noon on the Friday before the show.
$25 per round for entries received on the day of the show.
Attire is casual, but safe. Holiday themed attire is welcome and encouraged! All riders are required to wear an approved helmet while mounted.
Dogs must remain leashed and under control at all times and remain in the trailer area.
Classes will be scored by closest clean round to optimum time (modified Table II, Sec. 1). Optimum time for each class will be posted prior to the start of the class. Ribbons will be awarded through sixth place.
We are lucky to have Topeka Custom Photo & Design as our official Jumper Show photographer. Photos of your rounds will be available for purchase within 24 hours!
Pre-entries strongly encouraged! Pre-entries $15/class, post entries $20/class.
Please fill out the below online registration form or the PDF entry form and email to email@example.com accompanied by current Coggins.
Entries must be received 48 hours prior to show to get pre-entry class fee!
- Proof of the following are required prior to unloading at SHF:
1. Within 6 months (180 days) of show: Equine Influenza (EIV)
2. Within 6 months (180 days) of show: Rhinopneumonitis (EHV 1 and EHV 4)
3. Negative Coggins within 12 months
- We will accept invoices, vet statements, or if you vaccinate yourself – serial number of vaccine and date given.
- Ribbons awarded to 6th Champion and Reserve awarded for each division. Points scored as follows: First-10, Second-6, Third-4, Fourth-2, Fifth-1, Sixth-.5, Champion-10, and Reserve-6. Year end awards to be presented at the final show in October.
- ASTM-SEI Certified helmets required when mounted.
- This show is an associate member of the VHSA and a member of the BHSA . Every class offered herein, which is covered by the rules and regulations of the current VHSA/BHSA rule books will be conducted and judged accordingly.
- All dogs MUST be on a leash.
- There will be a $25 fee for all returned checks.
- Each class must have 3 entries to be held, except for Leadline, Pre-Short Stirrup, and Working Hunter. All of which must have at least 2 eligible entries for BHSA.
- Management reserves the right to deny entries or cancel classes.
MAILED/EMAILED ENTRY FORMS ONLY! ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED 48 HOURS PRIOR TO SHOW.
Entry Fees: $15 per class pre entry/$20 per class day of show
Weekend Shows starts at 9:00AM
Schooling runs from 7:30AM – 8:50AM for weekend dates.
Additional schooling available the day prior to the show for a $15 ring fee.
Please contact us if you plan to school the day before.
Take Rt. 17 North toward Warrenton for approximately 20 miles. (You will see a giant roller skate on the right). Take the next Right onto Ritchie Road. Follow for 2 miles. Turn Left onto Rogues Road. Follow for 2 miles. Turn left into driveway. (Driveway is immediately after a Christmas Tree Farm). Arena is past the barns.
Follow Meetze Road 9 miles. Turn Right onto Rt. 28S (Catlett Road). Follow for 2 miles, turn Left onto Rt, 610 (Midland Road). Go over Railroad tracks, turn Right onto Rogues Road. Follow for 1.5 miles. 11176 is on the Right. If you pass a Christmas Tree Farm you have gone too far.
**Schooling available at our facility by appointment**
Outdoor 235×165 sand arena with lights and full jump course